Contributor post by Emily and Erick of Heidi’s Bridge
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, we often find that it’s difficult to find non-edible gifts that don’t feel cheesy or silly (drug store teddy bears, we’re looking at you). It’s especially tricky to find cute gifts for non-romantic loves that you want to surprise with something sweet–friends, sisters, mom–without going the classic potted plant or candy route. Cue this Rose Hibiscus Whipped Body Butter. Inspired by the classic dozen roses of Valentine’s Day, this simple DIY smells great and is a breeze to make. It’s even cost effective so you can make a large batch and spread the love come Valentine’s Day.
You Will Need:
-Glass jar with lid (we used a 7.4 oz Weck Tulip Jar)
-1 Tsp. Almond Oil
-1 Cup Coconut Oil
– Brewed Hibiscus Tea
– Rose Absolute Essential Oil
– Hand or Stand Mixer
– 3 Tbsp. White Sugar, Divided (Optional–for sugared rose petal)
– 2 Tbsp Cup Water (Optional–for sugared rose petal)
– Organic Roses or Organic Rose Petals (Optional–for sugared rose petal)
Makes About 1 Cup
1. In a medium bowl, measure out your almond oil.
2. Add in your coconut oil.
3. Add a few drops of hibiscus tea for color (you can add more later to adjust color while mixing).
4. Drop in Rose Absolute Essential Oil until you have desired fragrance strength. (We used about 8 drops).
5. With a hand or stand mixer, whip mixture for approximately ten minutes until mixture becomes fluffy and forms peaks. This requires a bit of patience–just when you don’t think it’s working, it becomes fluffy and airy so hang in there. It’s worth the wait! Add to glass container when it’s whipped.
Sugared Rose Petals
The next steps are for making sugared rose petals top top your body whip for decoration. If you don’t want to add these, you’re finished! If you do, follow the next steps:
6. Bring two Tbsp. of white sugar and 2 Tbsp. of water to a boil and stir until sugar is melted. This is your simple syrup to get sugar to stick to rose petals. Allow syrup to cool and dip roses petals in syrup.
7. Sprinkle with white sugar and allow them to dry overnight. Top your whipped body butter with rose petal and enjoy!